Wednesday 30 November 2011

Environmental Farm Plan

I feel so official! Please to announce that we have completed our Environmental Farm Plan. Worked it through with George Powell, who did a great job. I was pleasantly surprised by some of the information he was able to bring to the table, like my soil data. Soil is measured from 1 to 7 - 1 being the best in the province and 7 being the worst in the province. I am thrilled to find out that we are in the 2 -3 zone for soil type. Yeah!! Makes me want to start gardening right now - what I'm planting next year just got a whole lot broader.

Our biogeoclimatic classification is sub-boreal spruce; no real surprise there, look out the window and see a lot of spruce. All told it was a great process and I would highly recommend that if you haven't done the process, you give George a call and try it out. And this is an unsolicited reference!

No comments:

Post a Comment