Sunday 5 May 2013

First Farmers Market of the Season

And I forgot to take pictures!

It was a great market to start the year off! As usual, I forgot to pack an assortment of items - even though I made a list, some items didn't even make it on the list. Like mustard - how could I forget the mustard and plates - so we used napkins instead, and our banner, which I never did find. I did have our pop-up banner so we used that, but our name banner is packed somewhere securely and will require further digging to find.

Despite all that, it was a great market. The weather was perfect, topping out in the mid-20's. The community came out in droves to greet the vendors and welcome us back to another six months of giving up our weekends to make sure that our community has local food.

The new product - llama smokies - went over very well with sales being brisk throughout the day. In fact, we sold a little bit of everything we took - except for the meaty lamb shanks - so that made us happy.

Anyway, a great day and a great market - glad to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment