Sunday 16 October 2011

The Art of Blogging

I was talking with a few friends and we were reminiscing about our past blogging efforts. It seemed that in the early days we really struggled with what to say. A lot of people felt that they had to make what they wrote meaningful and found that really, we weren't that deep after all. My first effort at blogging was about one of our farm animals, Danny. Danny was a llama that we ended up hand raising. He is unfortunately no longer with us, but he was a great boy and a good lesson for me in early blogging. I've attached that early effort here for comparison purposes.

http://everythingdanny.blogspot.com/

What I realized early on is that I was far more comfortable talking about the ranch and what we do, than about my thought for the day or even about my other consulting work. For the most part this hasn't changed, I'm still more comfortable talking about ranch work, but I am going to try to also explain some of the why behind what we do.

We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment