Sunday 23 October 2011

Purple Potatoes

I love local food! I love the variety, and in some cases, I really love the colour. My latest food fad is purple potatoes. Yes, purple potatoes - I found them locally from Bea Cody at CastleRock Farms. 

Made them for dinner tonight (again!) and wanted to share the goodness.


This is what the potatoes look like raw.
They look more purple in good light.

I am halfway though peeling the potato. Notice that the layer right under the skin seems to be a whiteish layer and then it changes to solid purple.


This is what the inside of the peeled
potato looks like.


These are the potatoes cooking with some broccoli. I love the colour mix of the purple and green - makes for a colourful dinner.


Finished product - Mashed Potatoes! Not a great job mashing,
I was too excited about taking pictures, but I love
the fact that the purple carries through.


And when you done with the potatoes the juice
behind for making gravy is this teal colour! So very cool!!


No comments:

Post a Comment