Thursday 13 October 2011

Getting the list done

We had a productive few days on the ranch. The pighouse is done, just in time for the weiner pigs to arrive this weekend. The big barn has been cleaned out and the tool shed and the animal equipment shed has been sorted and reorganized. We are making fine progress for winter. Nothing like the fear of cold snap to put a little oomph in your step.

While the family continues to work on the ranch I am in 100 Mile House at the Cariboo Chilcotin Coast Tourism Association. As part of my consulting work I am working on an agriculture project and working on that takes me everywhere in our region. I am having some great conversations about local food production and looking for more ways for local producers to get their products to market. Working in agriculture both on and off the ranch - this is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment